Air Quality Permit Update
Florence Copper is requesting a minor amendment to its Pinal County Air Quality Permit. Here are the facts, and we encourage your participation in the public input process.
- Most industrial operations in Pinal County are required to have an air quality permit.
- Florence Copper’s air quality permit is issued through Pinal County and has been in place since 1996.
- The permit was renewed in 2011. Permit renewals are routine.
- There have been no permit violations.
- A public hearing was held for the permit’s renewal on Jan. 4, 2017. Unfortunately, Pinal County’s recording device malfunctioned requiring a second public hearing, which was held on Feb. 22, 2017.
- A prefeasibility study based on a new emissions control design was completed in March 2017.
- The new design incorporates the latest innovations in technology, reducing emissions even further for improved air quality performance on-site.
- Florence Copper submitted an application to Pinal County for a minor amendment to its existing air quality permit that reflects the updated air quality emission calculations and model results.
Back to the blog index
- Once Pinal County issues the draft Air Quality Permit, Florence Copper will request a public hearing on the draft permit.