Technical Services Manager
Glenn Hoffmeyer, a graduate of Michigan Technology University with a B.S. in Metallurgical Engineering, has lived in Arizona for over 20 years and has over 25 years of senior level metallurgical and mineral processing engineering experience, focused on the copper industry within the U.S.
Glenn joined Florence Copper in 2011 as the Technical Services Manager and is responsible for coordinating short and long term planning for the operation, implementing and managing technical systems, and providing leadership to the engineering function. As the project progresses into operation, he will lead the metallurgical engineering and mineral processing studies at site.
Glenn has extensive experience in hydrometallurgical operations, process development and project management focused primarily in the southwestern U.S. His professional experience includes copper leaching, SX/EW, Electro-refining and other extractive metallurgy projects for companies such as Freeport-McMoRan, Asarco, Santa Fe Pacific Gold, Copper Range Company, Cyprus Amax, and Phelps Dodge.
- B.S. Metallurgical Engineering/Mineral Processing, Michigan Technological University
- Technical Services Manager, 2011-Present, Florence Copper Inc.
- Chief Engineer, 2010-2011 , Freeport McMoRan, Technology Center
- Metallurgical Engineer, 2009-2010, First Solar, Raw Materials Group
- Consultant, 2008-2009, Glenn F. Hoffmeyer, Metallurgical Consulting
- Chief Engineer, 2004-2008, Phelps Dodge/Freeport McMoRan, Process Technology Center
- Sr. Metallurgist, 1997-2004, Cyprus/Phelps Dodge, Miami Rod, Refining & Smelting Operations
- Metallurgist II, 1995-1997, Cyprus, Miami, SX-EW Operations
- Metallurgist, 1995, Copper Range Company, White Pine, hydrometallurgical development project
- Metallurgist, 1993-1995, Santa Fe Pacific Gold, Mesquite Mine, gold hydrometallurgical operation
- Metallurgist, 1990-1993, Asarco, Silver Bell, copper hydrometallurgical operation
- Member, Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration